Midland Battery Park
The Dow Kokam Midland Battery Park will manufacture large-format, high performance advanced energy storage solutions for a wide range of customers in the transportation, defense, industrial and stationary storage markets. The facility completed its first run of cells in June 2012 and full production will begin later this year. The advanced manufacturing facility is delivering:
- 400,000 square feet of automated cell and pack manufacturing capability
- 600 million watt hours of batteries annually (enough to power 30,000 fully electric vehicles per year)
- Superior cost, power, lifetime, safety and energy density
- Energy storage solutions for multiple markets
- New jobs and employment opportunities
And this is just the beginning. In June 2012, Dow Kokam also announced it will begin construction on a 60,000-square-foot Pack Assembly Plant that will manufacture energy storage casing for Dow Kokam's cells and battery management systems. We invite you to visit this site often and stay informed as we contribute to a bright future for energy.